Monday, February 7, 2011

Thoughts from Work

So, I haven't been posting as of late because work has kept me busy and squashed out any desire to get on the computer when I go home. To remedy that situation, I thought I'd share with all of you some random items from today at work.
  • While walking from the parking lot, I realized I put on two different colors of knee-highs: one beige, and the other probably sun-tan. Not a huge difference, but one leg looks much more pink than the other. Reason #53 why I don't like the rule that I need to wear nylons.
  • I smiled when I got into my motorpool car and heard a Spanish love-ballad blaring from the radio. Pretty great - I listened to the whole song.
  • I've been helping with an insert that will be published in the Ensign this June. We've been pouring over it and discussing it for MUCH to long, as evidenced by the final caption the Ensign wanted us to write. The section of the article is on family finances, and the picture is clearly a couple working on their finances. My suggestion for a caption was this: "Husbands and wives should work together on finances to avoid the leading cause of divorce." I don't think the Ensign will go for it. . .

3 comments:

  1. of course they won't go for it. The leading cause of divorce is drastic changes in hormones due to atmospheric pressure changes from the dispersal of rocket fuel into the air. Everytime a rocket launches a couple files for divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh E I love you! And next time don't buy different color nylons.

    Oh Marge, I love you too!

    Today at work for me: I park my car and some random slightly scary guy asks if I have any jumper cables. I look in my trunk and I don't have any but I say, "All I have is some bottled water, would you like a bottle?" He takes it and says, "Yes, that'll help me start my day off right." I thought he had already started his day off wrong by having a dead battery. But he has a good point, nothing says a good like like a nice drink of water. (Not as good of a story as yours but I wanted to share.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to occasionally wear two colors of shoes to work, so I stopped buying the same shoes in multiple colors. That doesn't really work for nylons though, does it?

    I'm excited for your Ensign insert. I hope your caption makes it into the mag. I can't think of anything more straightforward.

    ReplyDelete