Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy August!

So, while I was gathering the pictures for last week's post, I saw this one from my family's trip up in Vancouver:


Two years ago exactly, my hair was that short. I was astounded by how long its grown since then, and I tried to find a picture of how long it is now to compare. I discovered that I haven't really had pictures taken of me in months (unless you count the work photo they took when I started here, which I still haven't seen. . .), except by my sister Sarah. And in each of those photos, I am generally wearing a hat or have my hair in a ponytail, since there are always little kids present and I have learned from years of aunt-hood never to have my hair down when playing with toddlers. So, the only picture I found to show how long my hair has gotten was from our recent family outing to the zoo (courtesy of Sarah's blog):


Not one of my more flattering pictures, but the kids sure were entertained. And you get the idea of how long my hair is now. I wanted to get a picture of me getting eaten by a dinosaur (its Zoorassic Park this year at the Hogle Zoo, which means there are moving dinosaur statues scattered through the park), but I thought that would be crossing the line into being silly.

3 comments:

  1. you can never be too silly. you're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are at once unrelated and related sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your long hair! (and your short hair too)-you should link this post to your willy wonka hair post. ;)

    ReplyDelete