Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Disturbing - to me at least

"What is this," you are saying, "Emily is posting 3 times in a week? She averages a post a month!" Yes, this is true. I'm trying to be better. And I also was just sitting here wasting time applying for jobs and thought I should do something productive, like flipping through the channels. And I came across one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen: a show on the travel channel on the top places to pig out. The section I watched was on the Vermontster at Ben and Jerry's, which is basically just a huge tub of ice-cream that you try to eat in one sitting.


I couldn't stop watching, it was so disturbing watching people try to eat all of this. One girl fell into her ice-cream, a few people got sick, and it was like watching the fall of civilization in a five-minute TV clip.

When it comes to food, I have realized that quality really doesn't matter to me - its quantity. I'll eat just about anything if its in a small quantity. The larger the quantity, the less I'll enjoy it, even if its something I adore (like death-by-chocolate ice-cream, which I might eat after I finish this post complaining about food). So, if you love me, don't make me eat large quantities of food. Instead, use me as a guinea pig for all those recipes that you've been meaning to try, but don't know if anyone will enjoy. Guaranteed, I'll eat it. I just might only eat half a serving.

3 comments:

  1. I could never eat that much ice cream (in one sitting). Ummmm...but lets get together and try a new recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i demand grand canyon pictures!!! also- eating that much ice cream is gross

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray to more blogging and less pigging out!

    ReplyDelete