Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I've come out of my haze

I started a book series after I graduated, as sort-of a present to myself for being done forever from school. Then I found out that I needed to take a one-credit class in order to stay employed for the summer. One-credit should be easy, I thought, so I continued to read my series - which ultimately turned into me shunning all external responsibilities and working as little as possible in order to spend as much time as possible reading. I finally finished the series today, and feel as though a haze has been lifted. I admit, I have a problem - I get WAY too involved in books. It might be a coping mechanism (you don't want to hire me, Mr. Hiring Department that won't even call me for an interview? I'll just read this book, where I will live vicariously through a 12-year old boy who is slowly taking over control of the entire known universe, and will mentally picture taking over that hiring department and making them pay for not giving me an interview), but I think it really just comes down to one thing - I LOVE STORIES. I was recently discussing with a roommate about activities I like, and I had a hard time pinning down what it is that I like to do. The truth is, I like anything that involves a story, whether that is talking with people and learning about their life, or enjoying fictionalized stories through books, movies, or TV. I also like exploring and doing crazy adventures (such as dressing like hobos and eating beans by the railroad tracks), because it leads to stories (or I can pretend that I am in a story). And yes, maybe most of the stories I like have a fantasy twist to them, but what can I say? I like fantasy.

So, dear friends, I am out of my haze, and have promised myself that I won't get back into any book series until I have finished that one-credit class (which I now have three weeks to do 48 hours worth of work), and possibly found a job.

Oh, and Grace, I PROMISE I will get pictures from the grand canyon uploaded. And possibly some graduation pictures. Soon.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're not adopting my old habit of blogging instead of doing school work. Or wait, actually I hope you do because then you will blog more in the next 3 weeks than you have the past month!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete