Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Two stories - One post

Last Saturday, my family descended upon the Sprint store to change phone plans. If you happened to be one of the many people who were upset because the only employee in the store was helping us for a few hours, and if you gave us dirty looks because he was helping us instead of you - tough. We got there first. And as a note to my friends, I now have unlimited texting (yes, no more being limited to just 100 texts a month! Don't hold back anymore! Text away!)

In a completely unrelated matter, I decided that I am not one of those girls who wants a romantic "how we met" story with my future spouse. I would take humor over romance. To illustrate - my family is currently remodeling our bathroom. After all the work was done for the day, my mom was chatting with the plumber (named Bubba), and somehow the conversation led to my mother mentioning that I was single (this happens frequently). The plumber said he had a number of single guys in his ward, which led to my mom asking (jokingly, of course), if any of them were single. Bubba (the plumber), said, "Why yes, there is one that is a really great guy. Although, to be honest, he is into weird stuff - he likes Star Wars." Which of course led my mother to explain that Star Wars is not weird to me, that in fact, I'm going as a Jedi for Halloween.

Long story short, there is a high probability that I am going to be set up on a blind date by my plumber to a Star Wars loving man. I actually hope this one works out, because then, forever and ever, when people ask "how did you meet?" I will be able to tell people that a plumber named Bubba set us up. Please universe, let this date actually happen!

4 comments:

  1. I vote for plumber Bubba's Star Wars loving friend! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the perfect story. WAY better than "we met at school" right? Lame. Jesse and I sometimes consider making up a better story. Perhaps you have inspired me to do just that. Is lying for the sake of entertainment a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! definitely a possibility... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, What a great great great story. It blows everyone else out of the water. uhhhhh he, he.....plumbers. not intentional.

    Second, I will never understand why you know so many people who think liking star wars is weird.

    ReplyDelete