Monday, October 18, 2010

Of Bugs and Men

Gnats have overtaken Centerville. Gnats and In-n-Out customers. The similarities are remarkable - both descended upon our town in droves and only seem to leave late at night. There seems to be nothing we can do about either horde, except deal with it. They both might leave when winter sets in - might. The one difference is that I do not have a windshield plastered with In-n-Out customers. That would be disturbing.

I do wonder how long it will be until I break down and attempt the visit to the In-n-Out. I mean, its super cool that my hometown has one, and the burgers really are good. However, every time I look down that road, I see police cones, cars everywhere, and more people than could possibly have fit into those cars. It makes the claustrophobic within me shudder at the thought of going near.

In related news, I have chosen a poor time to start exercising again. The biggest problem with gnats is that they love to act like they are wandering around aimlessly, but they must have a sixth sense for those people who are exercising because they will go right into joggers mouths or eyes.

Now doesn't this post make you want to visit Centerville?

3 comments:

  1. Emily! There are gnats here too, what gives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gnats are everywhere! I even heard people talking about it on the radios today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heard the radio talking about the number of in-and-out customers plastered on windshields. record breaking this year.

    ReplyDelete