Monday, November 1, 2010

Sound effects sold separately

So, those of you who know me well (or for some reason unknown reason have been reading my blog for a long time without ever having met me) know that I have a weakness: fortune cookies. 95% of the reason I love them is because of the cookie. If you are currently scratching your head, thinking fortune cookies are a sub-par treat, I don't really care. My taste buds are just that unique. The other 5% of my love is because I find great amusement in the fortunes. I currently have 2 hanging inside my closet door that bring me great hope:

"The wheel of good fortune is finally turning in your direction!" (Because the exclamation point makes it really true!)
"Your dearest wish will come true." Wish 1 - be a Jedi for a day (check!!); Wish 2 - infiltrate Stargate Command and go through a wormhole. I'm halfway there.

I also have one more saying hanging up in my closet. It was written at a time when people everywhere were telling me that the reason I don't have a boyfriend is because I'm too intimidating (how can that ever be taken as a compliment?!) Dear E, who had just told me about her first crush, responded with this delightful piece of wisdom:

"The only reason some boy can use the excuse that you are intimidating is because you're not stupid enough to have a crush on someone who just got back from drug rehab."

It is thoughts and fortunes like these that give me inspiration and hope every morning.

3 comments:

  1. Even though you told me it was good, it took Jesse to convince me to watch Stargate (and actually, I only did it then because I was shirking my grad school responsibilities and he was watching it in the warmest part of the house). I must say, you were right. It is sci-fi AND it's funny.

    That was a bit off topic. I would say fortune cookies are more an 83-17 split for me, but they are quite tasty.

    I too dislike when people give reasons why other people aren't in a relationship/don't have kids/can't get a good price on car insurance (I've had at least one of those happen to me.) The world just isn't that simple.

    Did I mention I adore you, and by extension, the randomness that is your blog. "Random" is probably the best compliment I could give to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! ohhhhhh the things that come out of some people's mouths.

    It's because you're better than all the other padawans.

    I love you, you intimidating girl, you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fortune cookies too! And you need to help me become a Trekkie.

    ReplyDelete