Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Love-Hate Relationships

So, I seem to have very intense love-hate relationships with objects in my life. See any post about a car I have owned. A good example of this love-hate relationship is with my computer. I have loved that stupid Lenovo Thinkpad. I have babied it - I took care of it when someone stepped on it, I made sure it had the best duct tape available to hold it together, and I haven't complained as its battery has decreased to a 25-minute maximum. All I have asked of it is to continue playing my music until I can afford to replace it and let it retire in peace.

Well, one day, the computer decided it was tired of Google Chrome, and apparently Internet Explorer (though I can't blame it for that one) - it will ONLY open the internet through Firefox. That's fine, I thought - I can learn to live with Firefox. Later that same day, however, I tried to go onto iTunes so that it would upload my new podcasts, but iTunes said it couldn't connect to the store. I've googled the problem, tried every solution possible, and all I can figure out is that a poltergeist moved inside my computer, who hates me and does not want to see me enjoy my weekly dose of "This American Life." That's just cruel punishment.

3 comments:

  1. hmmmm Emily....there's something I haven't told you...remember how I was thinking how cool it would be to be a poltergeist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poltergeist must have visited our house this morning. We bought some things for a sub for santa, and one of the electronic books started making a sound like a honking horn which didn't stop until 2 hours later when the store opened and they took it apart to get the batteries out. I hope it will work for you until you can find something better.

    On a completely unrelated note - thank you for introducing me to that lip stain (I think that is what it is called). I feel so grown up whenever I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that computer is still running at all. Especially after all it's been through. I think it has a guardian angel inside of it and the angel can only do so much.

    ReplyDelete