Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I want to be a Jedi Knight

My roommates are saying its time for a new blog post. Which lead to the question, what have I been up to the last month? The answer: Disneyland and dressing up like a princess. Your typical month, I know. My friends and I did the Disney Day of Service, which meant for the price of 2 blankets donated to needy children, I was able to get into Disneyland. Pretty sweet deal. We had a large group go down from the MPA program, and wore matching shirts and everything (they were almost hot pink, but the store ran out of that color in bulk and we had to go for blue and green instead. I was extremely grateful.)














What did I learn there?
1)Some boys should NEVER wear do-rags.















2)It is possible to not spend a dime in Disneyland, especially if you just mooch food off your friends.
3) The 80's cover band at Disneyland is definitely worth listening to. And dancing your head off to.
4)If this whole Public Administrator path doesn't work out, my next best option is to be a Jedi Knight in Disneyland. Because I don't think I'm tall enough for Darth Vadar, nor do I think I would like the costume. But a Jedi Knight would be sweet.














So, the weekend after I got back from Disneyland, my ward had a Cinderella Ball, where each girl put in a shoe, and each guy picked a shoe, and whoever had your shoe was your date for the dinner portion of the evening. In preparation for the ball, I went to my parents house to get a dress. I learned that the way to be the coolest aunt for my nieces is to put on a pretty dress and dance with them. And the way to be the cool aunt to my nephew is to act like a damsel in distress (except, rather than being the prince saving me, he wants to be the dragon attacking me. Oh to be a five-year old boy).

So the dance was great, my date was one of the nicest guys in the ward (he even was willing to pose for the oh-so-cheesy Cinderella picture).



















We had a great time in the dinner, and then the dance was pretty good. Its pretty fun to be dress in a pretty dress for an evening, it reminds me that I really am happy being a girl.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be honest, I am jealous of your time being a princess. And look at that prince you snagged... I hope that one day my prince will come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning and I'm loving your prince for you!! I'm so sorry I forgot to ask you how that event went...its such a cute idea!

    I'm glad your roommates gave you grief for not posting....good people :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. but you would have looked so good in neon hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for roommates (me!) nagging you to put up a new post!!

    ReplyDelete