Thursday, July 1, 2010

In Love With Summer

I'm sitting outside on a hammock, listening to big band music on Pandora, mixed in with birds in the trees, and a neighbor weed-whacking his lawn down the street (obviously having some difficulty, from the sound of the machine). Today's post will be a few things I'm in love with:
  • Hammocks.
  • A piano that has ridiculous settings which allowed me to bond with a pre-teen who was at my house today. We had nothing else to talk about, but we had the polka and samba settings on my piano to bring us together.
  • Hammocks.
  • Having a dear neighbor that I can speak Armenian with who will not judge me when I mix in English and botch verb conjugations. Evans jan, sirum em kez, yev urax em vor im kyankum es.
  • Ella Fitzgerald. And Frank Sinatra.
  • Hammocks.
  • I love getting rejections from jobs I applied for 2 MONTHS ago. . .
  • Oh yeah, hammocks.

1 comment: