Sunday, September 19, 2010

And so it goes

In the continuing tradition of sharing the odd injuries that I sustain, I have one more story for you, my faithful blog readers. I went shopping with my mom the other day, and was trying on a cute turtle-neck when the tag (almost with a life of its own) went directly for my eye. Luckily my eye was closed, but I really did get a cut on my eyelid from a pricetag. Yet another injury I do not recommend.

In other news, I have been in ward-limbo for the last month. The last time I attended my Provo ward was August 15, and I had every intention of starting my new ward as soon as possible. However, a series of events in the last month have led me to be unable to attend my own church services (but some weeks I have attended 2 sacrament meetings, so don't think I'm falling away!). This week, I realized that since it has been over a month since I have belonged to a ward, I had every intention of attending my new singles ward. I stayed in Provo last night, so I woke up early to drive up to C-town to get ready and make it to my new ward. However, when I went to get back in my car to drive to church, my dear car refused to start. I simultaneously laughed and held back tears as I walked to my home ward. Here's to another week of a social life consisting of playing with my adorable 2-year-old nephew.

2 comments:

  1. oh lovely, something magical is going to happen soon, I know

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a talent for turning unfortunate mishaps into humorous tales.

    PS The title of your blog-I love that song. :)

    ReplyDelete