Monday, January 3, 2011

Why I don't (shoudn't) remember my dreams

Okay, I'm typing this up at a very early hour in order to remember the ultra-bizarre dream that just woke me up. So if it makes no sense, you can blame the time, or the fact that it is a dream and is not supposed to make sense.

My sister Sarah and I were writing a book on vampires (first clue that this is odd - it would make much more sense for me to be writing a book about vampires with my sister Jenni, or my roommate Emma. Sarah and I would much rather write books together on non-demon related topics. Just sayin.) So, conveniently, there is an entrance to the vampire world just around the street from our parents' home. She and I go driving around the neighborhood arguing over which green house it is (the only information we knew was that the demon entrance was from an old house that had been painted green. And who knew there would be three green houses on one street). Well, we finally find the home, and I'm pretty sure there was an outdoor entrance to the basement, because we never broke into the home, we just found ourselves walking in a very well-light basement towards a door labeled "Vampire World." (thank you, vampires, for making the entrance to your world so clean and easy to find)

I think at this point we went back for our supplies, then went back to the door. As we were heading back, just as Sarah reached the door, a vampire came after me. I tried to go running to the door, but was wearing heels and couldn't make it in time. Sarah did not come back to help me (but she did hold the door for me, thanks Sar); so I had to fight the demon alone. What did I do? Slapped it. That's right - in my dream, I fought a vampire off while wearing heels by slapping it in the face, then running towards the open door held open by my sister. Then I woke up.

And this is why I don't allow myself to remember my dreams. I don't want to think about what all my si-fi watching does to my unconscious self.

5 comments:

  1. I was holding the door open for you because I knew you'd know what to do. Slapping, it works, right? :) If I'd have had an ant on my chin I would have slapped him for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I think you should remember all of these dreams for my reading enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or maybe I was teaching you a lesson, high heels are no bueno.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! We all need to be wary of si-fi overload. Jesse had a client a couple of weeks ago who was reciting the entire plot of The X-Files as his own personal life experiences.

    ReplyDelete