Thursday, June 3, 2010

Couples I admire

Walking home today, I ran into a friend and his wife and briefly chatted before continuing on. It led me to thinking about how much I love them as a couple, and also pondering about other couples I admire. Its not just that I like them individually (which I do), its that I like them even better BECAUSE they are together. They are like peanut butter and jelly, salt and pepper, Han Solo and Chewbacca. . .well, maybe not that last one, but you get the picture. They have made the world a better place just because they are together. Their deep love for the other person is so apparent, the need for that person's friendship, and their commitment to the other person is so admirable, that you, the observer, cannot imagine the friendship of one without the other. They are your friend - them, as a couple, not as individuals. Here is a list of a few of the couples that I admire, as an example.


Richard and Debbie (mom and dad, you are the best!)

Brent and Sarah

Steven and Erika

Vance and Brittney

Amy and Billy

Todd and Hillary

Quincy and Mindy

Andrew and Ariel

Scott and Nancy

Michael and Rachel

Michael and Jani

(feel free to add some couples you admire in your comments!)


To these, and to the many other couples that I might not be remembering right now, thank you. Your friendship means a lot to me, and I truly admire and respect the love and friendship you have towards your spouse. You help give me hope that it is possible to find true love in this world - because I've seen that you have found it.

1 comment: