Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mystery Solved

A few weeks ago my roommate and I were sitting outside enjoying the night air and looking at the stars, when all of a sudden it started to rain. We looked up and saw a cloud moving very quickly away from us, but from our limited understanding of meteorology, it did not seem like it could be producing the amount of rain we were getting. It was odd, but we just sat enjoying the freak rain.

Then, this past weekend my nephew and I were sitting on the porch on a very warm, very cloudless afternoon. He all of a sudden claimed that he felt a raindrop. I asked him where it came from, since there are no clouds in the sky. He said, "It was higher than the sky; it was from space. It was the astronauts. They were spitting."

I'm so glad that I now know where that freak rainstorm came from a few weeks ago. It was the astronauts. They must have been having a major spitting contest.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE! I wish I was there sitting outside in the rain with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my son, obviously, since your other nephew can't talk yet. :) How cute.

    ReplyDelete